Women’s Health Panel
6:00 pm – 8:15 pm | Wednesday, March 27 | Library
Members and Guests Only
Perimenopause As Unique As You Are. Now What?
Join us for an enlightening and empowering discussion panel with three influential voices in the realm of women’s health: Mahri Relin, renowned fitness and mental health expert; Laurel Wilson, IBCLC, RLC, INHC, CLE, CLD, CCCE esteemed women’s health and menopause advocate; and Dr. Cecily Yousaf, Doctor of Medicine and acupuncturist. In this thought-provoking session, these distinguished experts will delve into the crucial subject of addressing perimenopause and unlocking the potential of optimal health through the holistic trifecta of exercise, nutrition, and healthy living strategies. With Mahri’s expertise in innovative fitness approaches, Laurel’s profound understanding of the environmental impacts on hormonal balance, and Cecily’s nutrition and health insights into overall well-being, the panel promises an insightful exploration of how women can navigate the transformative perimenopausal phase with grace. Attendees can expect to gain valuable insights into tailored exercise regimens, nutrition plans that support hormonal shifts, and holistic lifestyle adjustments that collectively empower women to thrive during this transitional journey. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn, engage, and embrace a holistic path to wellness under the guidance of these exceptional voices.
What We Will Explore:
- Hormones: What we need to know as we age
- How exercise can help support hormone balance
- Eating for better balance
- Understanding inflammation and pain
- The importance of sleep during perimenopause for hormonal and brain health
- The critical significance of community and connection to our health
- How “listening to our bodies” can be the best solution for finding our way to better balance. Many women have been trained to ignore their bodies their entire life
- Using mindfulness and breathing strategies as a tool for wellness